Google Translate Blog: Translating Lao

Alisak Sanavongsay

Sep 14, 2012, 1:49:49 AM9/14/12
to laol10n...@googlegroups.com

http://googletranslate.blogspot.com/2012/09/translating-lao_13.html?m=1

Have you guys heard the announcement? Lao is now in alpha stage in Google Translate.

darast...@aol.com

Sep 14, 2012, 2:30:42 PM9/14/12
to laol10n...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Alisak!!! This is great, awesome, maravillosa!! Great work tot he team, kudos to Ai Luang and everyone in the background!!!!!
WHOOP!! Dara

Houmphanh

Sep 14, 2012, 10:31:34 PM9/14/12
to laol10n...@googlegroups.com
Sabaydii all
This trigger reminds me of the excitement when Thai was supported. Please note of 2 key points, buried within the news:
1) Divon said that Google crawlers are going through Lao texts, this is been happening a long time, it is just a lack of Lao text available online, when I started my crawler I could only reliably use rfa.org/lao site. Please remember if you create a Lao text on the net to include meta-data: lo-la language, titles, alternate text etc. it will help with tagging text with the right context for crawlers to identify.

2) 'Help with translation alternative' popups are a very effective tool, as this will short path input data directly into the some what half already classified.

Luang, this is what is needed for Lao translation accuracy, enabling the TM/MT to improve on context analysis; without it will be a random one to one transpose form text pair.

What is the text is much as important as the text itself.

With all this Gogole excitment, Vincent! please update your front :).

Sookdii

Pan