RE: Appeal for donations to support the next round publication of "Din kong Fa" [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

PHOUMIRATH, Thong

Mar 5, 2012, 9:58:48 PM3/5/12
to laol10n...@googlegroups.com, lao...@googlegroups.com, jim...@yahoo.com, kheu...@hotmail.com, panyara...@gmail.com, jdun...@hotmail.com, noi8...@yahoo.com, keoa...@gmail.com, vincean...@gmail.com, somd...@yahoo.com, siri_...@yahoo.com, bolyv...@hotmail.com, keophou...@yahoo.com.au, good...@yahoo.com.au, makee...@yahoo.com.au, hanu...@tidalwave.net, snor...@hotmail.com, pommach...@hotmail.com, chsa...@yahoo.com, marcia_v...@hotmail.com, dao.n...@hunterwater.com.au, char...@comcast.net, vong.n...@defence.gov.au, mu...@magma.ca, rasa...@grapevine.com.au, natrud...@yahoo.com.au, pphou...@hotmail.com, bount...@yahoo.com, outh...@bigpond.com

Sabaidii

Sounds like a good idea to have a sum of money set aside for publication of further books.

Bounthanh – you know the people at Room To Read in Laos.  It might be a good idea for you to talk to them and negotiate some funding – because I know they are always on the lookout for more books in Lao or Lao and English for their distribution to libraries throughout the country.  This is for the mutual interest of both groups. They may be willing to commit some money towards publication of Lao books.

Hakpheng

Thongrith

0420 626 827

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:05:00 -0800
From: bount...@yahoo.com
Subject: Fw: Asia Pacific Writers Support S.E.A. Write Festival & Awards
To: luan_va...@hotmail.com
CC: natrud...@yahoo.com.au

Hi Bounluang,

Thanks for your reply. For sure, I plan to take part in this important event below, and it will be good if we can publish our book by that time. I'm happy that you take this task seriously. I plan to have the run of 1500 copies, and I estimate the total cost of the publication - not more than USD 2500.

I hope to find the bigger part of funding in Laos, you guys in Oz can contribute how much as you want. As soon as you finish the translation of twenty stories, I'll take action. RtR promised to buy some of my books next month, so I'll have money in my pocket at least USD 1000 for this purpose.

It's a great idea if we can get Pomma and other people to join our team.

I want to put our stories in English on Vientiane Times one by one so that the large audience can have access to them. Do you agree to it?

Hak pheng,

Bounthanh