RE: RE: Google Alert - hmong [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

PHOUMIRATH, Thong

Apr 11, 2012, 10:25:04 PM4/11/12
to laol10n...@googlegroups.com, Natrudy Saykao, dao.n...@hunterwater.com.au, Bounthanh Phongphichit (VT), mu...@magma.ca, ngone...@yahoo.com

Sabaidii

I am with Pomma on this.  Although I have been quiet, my heart and mind are still with the project, and want to see it through to fruition.

As I am very computer illiterate, I would leave to others among us who are more proficient in the field to do the investigation for us.

Happy Lao New Year to all

Thongrith

0420 626 827

From: luan_va...@hotmail.com
To: laol10n...@googlegroups.com; natrud...@yahoo.com.au; dao.n...@hunterwater.com.au; bount...@yahoo.com; mu...@magma.ca; ngone...@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:57:06 +1000

Dara and all,

Dara,
Some responses from people as you have listed can be very discouraging, making one very tempted to stop working on the project. It would be more helpful if they offer suggestion on what can be done to improve the process.
For example if 'So and so already have done this or that?', providing a web link to the body of work in question will be useful/ helpful.

Your email and words have given me the encouragement to continue on despite a drop in the level of project participation.

My immediate thought is someone in our group should start investigating MICROSOFT facility for doing the same and how we can work together to the goal. What we have done and achieved so far in the Google world, the Lao-English word pair/Glossary file, is not wasted. It will always be useful for the Microsoft investigation also.

I will continue to build and grow the word pair file in question.

Any other ideas please let me know.

Luang Vannithone

From: Darast...@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:24:18 -0400
To: laol10n...@googlegroups.com; natrud...@yahoo.com.au; dao.n...@hunterwater.com.au; bount...@yahoo.com; mu...@magma.ca; ngone...@yahoo.com

Ai Luan,

I ask the community to look at both. Is Microsoft easier? Is this Bing?

I just reread the note below, obviously weighed much on my mind so I am sharing.

I have members of the community and the responses are varied

Oh it's the Aussies

I learned Lao on my own, others can do the same

Do we get paid?

Why are we doing this and Google gets the credit?

So and so already have done this or that?

My answers have been:

we are now international Lao

everyone learns differently, your statement is a personal judgment of others

volunteer, give from the heart otherwise please keep your lips shut as we honour those who see the bigger picture.

Understandable google gets the credit, however, the Lao population in general benefits.

So and so did it well for themselves and those who can afford, I joined the group for the greater perspective and access of the Lao language.

I vote for easiest and to keep the group moving. Need more people to blog about it with a great sense of accomplishment.

For some we are slow, for me it is the right time is the right time AND we have done an amazing amount of work on volunteer time for the highest good of the community. Of course this is my judgment:-)

Cheers all, great work. Dara

Dara Stieglitz