Drawing lines and rectangles

Bryan J Buchanan

Sep 17, 2020, 1:55:29 AM9/17/20
to lanterna-discuss
Is it possible to get a Graphics2D object or otherwise to draw line graphics on a terminal window such as the attached screen shot.

The Terminal methods use a character to draw rectangles etc, and I'd like to use graphics (as many actual CRT's used to allow).
Screenshot_2020-09-17_15-48-07.png

Martin Berglund

Oct 4, 2020, 12:20:54 AM10/4/20
to lanterna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan,
Is this specifically for the Swing/AWT terminal emulator or in general? With Swing/AWT, you can probably override the component and get a reference to the graphics object. However, looking at your screenshot, that looks like standard text line drawing characters to me, which are available already. See the Symbols class:

Regards,
Martin

--
Det här meddelandet skickas till dig eftersom du prenumererar på gruppen "lanterna-discuss" i Google Grupper.
Om du vill sluta prenumerera på den här gruppen och inte längre få någon e-post från den skickar du ett e-postmeddelande till lanterna-discu...@googlegroups.com.

Bryan J Buchanan

Oct 4, 2020, 12:56:39 AM10/4/20
to lanterna-discuss