Handheld CNC tool

Carl Raymond

Apr 13, 2016, 11:23:42 AM4/13/16
to Lansing Makers Network
Here's a nifty thing I just saw on the YouTube. It's a product in development that guides a person running hand-held wood router to accurately cut a desired toolpath. The first few minutes of the video are an explanation of the part he needs, but the rest is a demo of the tool. We could replace the big CNC router with one of these! No idea what the cost will be, or when it will be available.

Joe Zimmerman

Apr 13, 2016, 11:31:58 AM4/13/16
to Lansing Makers Network
I would not want to in any shape or form "replace" a fully automated machine with a partially manual machine.  While I think that router is pretty cool and could certainly have some interesting applications it would not be pleasent to use when needing to do 100's of operations like drilling or very large works etc.

Joe

--

---

Carl Raymond

Apr 13, 2016, 12:07:35 PM4/13/16
to Lansing Makers Network
Yes, I was kidding that we would really replace the big machine. But this sure looks interesting.

Joe Zimmerman

Apr 13, 2016, 12:27:33 PM4/13/16
to lansing-mak...@googlegroups.com
I remember seeing something like this, if not this thing a while back.  It is certainly interesting.

Michael P. Flaga

Apr 13, 2016, 12:29:11 PM4/13/16
to lansing-mak...@googlegroups.com

How about adding a big CNC from MSU Surplus

http://msusurplusstore.com/search.php?search_query=19098&x=0&y=0

Michael P. Flaga, mic...@flaga.net