The Long Expected Party

Jody Applegate

Dec 10, 2015, 3:26:12 PM12/10/15
to lansing-mak...@googlegroups.com
Hello makers and friends!

Okay, really not a "party" but very, very long expected. The time has come. Permits are cleared and our paperwork is in. We are moving! And it will be warm!

Planned move will be Saturday, December 19th. Set the date. We will begin preparations immediately. We know some of the tools, especially the laser cutter, will be in high demand for the holidays and we are working to keep downtime to all the tools to a minimum. We hope you can bear with any disruptions this will bring.

We will be sending updates and notices over the next few days. If you can volunteer your time or have any questions or concerns, please send an email to bo...@lansingmakersnetwork.org. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Jody Applegate
Lansing Makers Network and such

Jody Applegate

Dec 10, 2015, 3:33:20 PM12/10/15
to Lansing Maker's Network, j...@gamerconcepts.com
UPDATE: I will be at the space organizing and packing tonight (Thursday) from 6:30 on and all day Saturday if anyone has any spare time.

Thanks again!

jody

Jody Applegate

Dec 17, 2015, 9:39:31 PM12/17/15
to members, lansing-mak...@googlegroups.com
Makers,

More moving news!

Every section of the makerspace is currently down EXCEPT the laser cutter and vinyl cutter. We don't plan to take that down until Saturday and we hope to have it up by Sunday for everybody to use. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

The plan on Saturday is to start at 9:30am. Volunteers will be prepped and get ready for the truck at around 10am. Break for Lunch will be at noon. We'll be moving throughout the day. If you can only come help out for a little while, that's still great.

Now, I think we've contacted most people about their personal stuff. However, if you still have anything still in the space, please come and pick it up. After Saturday, we will no longer have unfettered access to the Temple building. The door robot is coming with us and the locks will be changed. Please contact me at bo...@lansingmakersnetwork.org if you absolutely can't get your stuff by Saturday.

Thanks!
Jody

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Jody Applegate <stabl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey all,

Here's a little update on the move.

We had a good weekend packing and organizing. A lot was done. And a big thanks to everyone who pitched in to help out. In the future, the pizza will be on time.

Areas currently packed:
Crafting
3D printing
Electronics (mostly)

Still available for use:
Laser Cutter

In between:
Woodshop
Metalshop

Again, if you have a project that needs doing on the short term, email me at bo...@lansingmakersnetwork.org. We'll work it out.

There's still more to do. I will be at the space every night this week organizing the move from the Temple. Any time you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! More later.

jody

Makers!