Fw: O positive (+) kidney required for my DAD - URGENT (Kindly forward this email to as much as you can)

Roshan Fernando

Jan 11, 2012, 8:23:15 PM1/11/12

Dear Loved one,

My name is Hirone and I am writing this letter to ask for help for my Dad, Jayantha Amarasena (59). For those of you who do not know, my dad is in need of a kidney (O+) very urgently.

He has been taking medicine for last 10 years for diabetics and High blood pressure which has caused this damage to his kidneys and right now, Doctors says that only 10% of his kidneys are functioning and they will shut down in the next couple of months. Our hope is to get a transplant so he doesn't have to go on dialysis.

Fortunately, living kidney donation is a viable option, but most people aren't aware of the process. It's not as popular yet as most people don't know you can live just fine with one kidney. I, my brother, Viraj Amarasena, my mother, Ganga Amarasena and my wife Lakmali Thanthriarachchi, we have checked if our kidneys can be donated but unfortunately, all of us are having "A positive (+)" blood group and my dad need a kidney with a person having              "O positive (+)" blood group.

As my brother and I are working abroad for last few years, we will be able to manage the financial side of the operation but of course, we do not have any control over finding a donor/ kidney that suits my dad.

We wish if my brother and I were a different blood group, so we could donate one of our kidneys, but God has not left us with any other choice than asking your HELP. We have already placed advertisements on mass media but please circulate this message by forwarding this email to as much as you can, so someone who is willing to donate his Kidney may get this message.

On a positive note: We know that God is going to do a miracle and heal our dad but in particular, God taught us how important our relatives, friends and you are in this life in a situation like this! I'm not a man of many words, neither my brother but hope you can feel our fear, our pain of losing our DAD.

For just like you, DAD is son's first hero, Daughter's first love.

Please feel free to contact us on the following numbers if you can be of any help to us.

Heartfelt thanks,

• Hirone Amarasena

Thanks & Best Regards,
Roshan Fernando