Lanka History Portal

Praneeth (ප්‍රනීත්)

Apr 7, 2008, 4:58:52 AM4/7/08
to lanka-hist...@googlegroups.com
Lanka History Portal ව්යාපෘතියේ ප්‍රගතිය කෙසේද?

Tyronne Wickramarathne

Apr 7, 2008, 2:22:02 PM4/7/08
to Lanka History Portal
hi Praneeth,.

first, apologies for writing in English. :( and thanks a bunch for
this million dollar question while keeping your heads up. :)
On Apr 7, 1:58 pm, "Praneeth (ප්‍රනීත්)"
<muthukumara.prane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lanka History Portal ව්යාපෘතියේ ප්‍රගතිය කෙසේද?
{
both Chamara + myself were extremely busy over the days and we were
trying to get hold of the urumayalk domain name and we gave a good
fight until the end. Viraj played a great role putting the additional
pressure required. but now, we have given up that idea and looking for
an alternative domain name for the project.
}

*to tell you the progress :
we're working hard on getting the LHP group site up and running.
Chamara is working on this issue. i'm on vacation and i will be
starting the development work of the CMS, once i configure my laptop
properly.

*our structure
we have well defined roles in the group. each person is given a
responsibility based on that person's capability.
so this web site is being developed by our web expert, Chamara who
knows what's web. i'm least concerned about it for i have fullest
confident on him for he knows what he's doing.
Viraj is our system administrator
i'm into the middle tier development with the other members who have
technical skills to join us with the development work.

*future trends
we have to setup a technical committee with the members who have the
technical exposure. this is to ensure that the group is taking
appropriate technology related decisions by the experts in the field.

also, to prevent non technical guys come and disturb the technical
work with what they don't know. we can utilise the skills of the non
technical people for what they are good at.

we're building this web *not* for the present but for the future.
keeping the future trends in mind. we will *never* bring down our
standards or compromise them.

instead, keeping such standards will help the community to grow, to
improve themselves to the future. to these standards. if we want our
communities to grow in ICT, it's our responsibility to set such high
standards and help the community to reach there.

once we're done with the group site + content management system, we're
ready roll.

thanks
Tyronne