Web Interface Design

lhp.dev

Jan 14, 2010, 7:21:57 PM1/14/10
to lanka-history-portal
We have completed following items so far, and it's time to focus on the web interface design :
- Localization support/Integration
- DB design and table structures
- Pageflow*
- User registration
- Administration panel (50%)

Upcoming tasks:
-Web interface design
-Unit tests
-Performance tuning optimization
-Search function (we have to define how this should work and specially with Sinhala words)

What's most important at this stage is to design the main (home) pages. Main pages mean:
- Home page
- Content page
We need Chamara's help on this :-)

I would also like to add the following functionalities:
- Content ratings
- Comments/Feedback on contents, so we could always improve the quality
- Testimonials - Users can add their testimonials on places, how to get their etc etc

Truly appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to write your comments in Sinhala. I apologize that I don't have Sinhala support on this laptop, hence this mail is written in English. :-(

This is an OpenSource community project and the sources are hosted at : http://code.google.com/p/lhp/source/checkout
I haven't checked in the latest work I have done so probably over the weekend.

Cheers

* Just a couple of pages, which loads dynamic content