"Language Hunt!" Game board and cards now free for downloading

Willem Larsen

Feb 15, 2014, 3:40:58 PM2/15/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

As a special sneak peek to this group, I have a beta pdf packet of the Language Hunt! 2014 game board, cards (novice center cards, intermediate center cards, free play cards, and challenge cards[whoops not yet]), and a brief game intro refresher. I think the one thing I have left is to make a one-minute video on how to use each of the components.

Who would like to check out what I have so far and play-test it? I'm needing your feedback and questions so I know what to put in the intro video and what extra changes the packet needs.

yrs,
Willem

Joel Thomas

Feb 15, 2014, 3:44:33 PM2/15/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
I'd be very interested to see it. I'm just getting started with a Turkish group here and I'm always on the lookout for innovations.

Stefan

Feb 15, 2014, 7:44:10 PM2/15/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to play around with it :)

Arne Sostack

Feb 16, 2014, 2:13:54 PM2/16/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
Hit me up with one of those. :)

Arne

Anna Van Sant

Feb 17, 2014, 4:55:08 PM2/17/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to! I can't make it out for the upcoming Irish Immersion weekend but I'm looking towards summer. Maybe in the meantime I can master intermediate play and arrive able to play test the advanced level :-)

Anna

Willem Larsen

Feb 17, 2014, 7:02:23 PM2/17/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
Awesome Anna - give it a whirl and tell me your feedback and questions. I'm sure we have loads of stuff missing, this is an early beta draft.

I'd say passing notes probably fits nicely between the Novice and Intermediate phases. Or as a parallel game to run at the same time as the conversations, but the longer the delay the easier it will all be.

yrs,
Willem

--
Language-Hunt-Board-Game-2014j.pdf

Willem Larsen

Feb 17, 2014, 7:04:29 PM2/17/14
to language...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,

Note in my email to Anna we're already up to revision "j" in the past week. Please be sure to contact me if you want the most current copy - we have loads more revisions to go.

yrs,
Willem