New Language Request: F#

Avalon

Jun 7, 2010, 6:40:17 AM6/7/10
to LangPop
F# has recently been officialy released by Microsoft when it included
this new functional language in Visual Studio 2010. It is to be
expected that it will gain some popularity, as a functional language
in the .NET environment, just as the other functional languages.
It greatly resembles OCaml, perhaps F# could be combined with OCaml as
Tiobe does.

best regards and thanks for the interesting information,

David Welton

Jun 7, 2010, 9:10:21 AM6/7/10
to lan...@googlegroups.com
> F# has recently been officialy released by Microsoft when it included
> this new functional language in Visual Studio 2010. It is to be
> expected that it will gain some popularity, as a functional language
> in the .NET environment, just as the other functional languages.
> It greatly resembles OCaml, perhaps F# could be combined with OCaml as
> Tiobe does.

How does it register on the metrics we use? Jobs and books, in
particular? I suppose that if Microsoft is behind it, it'll likely
gain some popularity. I hate languages with names like that,
though:-) They're always tricky to get right.

> best regards and thanks for the interesting information,

You're welcome!

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/