Distinction between unmanaged VB and VB.NET

Fábio

Jul 21, 2011, 4:46:53 PM7/21/11
to LangPop
Hi, I'd like to know what Visual Basic means on the statistics. Does
it mean the unmanaged VB, managed VB (VB.NET) or both?

Although they are all based in one syntax, there have differences,
they run on top of different APIs and represent very different groups.
I'd like to see a distinction if possible.

David Welton

Jul 21, 2011, 5:36:47 PM7/21/11
to lan...@googlegroups.com
> Hi, I'd like to know what Visual Basic means on the statistics. Does
> it mean the unmanaged VB, managed VB (VB.NET) or both?

It means whatever people use as 'VB' on the web.

> Although they are all based in one syntax, there have differences,
> they run on top of different APIs and represent very different groups.
> I'd like to see a distinction if possible.

I guess I could do separate searches for VB.Net, but it's not likely
something I'm going to do soon.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/