New Language Request: Matlab

Mark

Aug 13, 2010, 10:19:51 AM8/13/10
to LangPop
First of all, thank you for the grate job with the comparison. I
suggest to add Matlab to the list. Following are the stats (it looks
like Matlab will arrive some where in the middle, definitely above
Fortran):

Yahoo: 325,008 results for "Matlab programming"
Craigslist: 23
Powell Books: 419
Freshmeat: 4 with tag "Matlab" and 56 for general search on word
Matlab
GoogleCode: 139,000.
Delicious: 27,442
Ohloh: 899

Links for the searches:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22Matlab+programming%22
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Matlab+programmer+-%22job+wanted%22+site%3Acraigslist.org
http://www.powells.com/s?kw=Matlab
http://freshmeat.net/search?q=Matlab&submit=Search
http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=lang%3Amatlab&sbtn=Search
http://delicious.com/search?p=Matlab&chk=&fr=del_icio_us&lc=1&atags=&rtags=&context=all||
http://www.ohloh.net/p?q=Matlab

Thank you in advance,
Mark

David Welton

Aug 18, 2010, 8:56:19 AM8/18/10
to lan...@googlegroups.com
> First of all, thank you for the grate job with the comparison. I
> suggest to add Matlab to the list. Following are the stats (it looks
> like Matlab will arrive some where in the middle, definitely above
> Fortran):

Thanks for the suggestion and some numbers to back it up. I'll add it
when I get some time to work on the site.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/