[LANDZ]Current Status and Next Near Milestone "Plato"

Jin Mingjian

Feb 12, 2014, 12:36:00 AM2/12/14
to la...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,

I am back to work on Landz again after a long vacation. Thanks all your jump into this group, not matter if you care or not. I just leave some informations for further or future's comrades or tracing. But thanks for existed discussion from Rajiv and Bobby:)

As we known, I posted the initial collaboration post to mech-symp group recently. I think, all in mech-symp, have the capabilities and passions in Landz's favors.  But, the fact is against this...even the gcc and llvm start to collaborating(http://developers.slashdot.org/story/14/02/08/1959218/llvm-gcc-compiler-developers-to-begin-collaborating)...

Without collaborations, there are still competitions:) As I am still the sole author of Landz, after some reflections, it is decided the Landz' update will be in "hop" style to allow Landz going further.

Landz will be developed in a rhythm like:  milestone + release.  The master of Landz will be always in milestone line.  The release is special for the client's business. Now, as we understood, not official release(I plan to make the first release around Java8's GA of March).

The next milestone(named "Plato" internally) is scheduled to include these:

1. primary z module support.

The build side has been ready, in fact, and excited. So, I am pretty sweet and sure that we do not need a little fat Gradle or very stupid Maven. Java coders can live on Java now.
The more interestings are covered in detail when their are ready:)

2. Landz's self-hosted site.

thanks all, again.

best regards,
Jin Mingjian
2014-2-12

Rajiv Kurian

Mar 20, 2014, 1:56:32 PM3/20/14
to la...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jin:

Hope all is well. Any updates here?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Jin Mingjian

Apr 10, 2014, 12:24:12 AM4/10/14
to Rajiv Kurian, la...@googlegroups.com
Rajiv, thanks for query! I'm apologized for too late response. Milestone has been reached in last week. Accessing the unofficial landz's website at landz.org for in-progress fruits. (May has some layout problem for small screen.)
I am planning to find some sponsors for landz. In the meantime, I will continue to polish the work and write some articles to say why landz lives for high-performance backend eng.

What I guarantee is the new stuffs will be committed around techpower benchmark round 10. Because I want to see one fair comparison to other frameworks in techpower round 10.

So sorry for inconvenience. no Rush:) But I will ask your questions or fix current bugs if have.

I still think you reach some good points in next-gen backend. Some have been pinned with Landz's future's rounds several months ago.

Stay tuned!
Jin Mingjian