Grower looking for a Gardenshare in Dublin 1/3/7

flowers

Sep 24, 2010, 11:00:27 AM9/24/10
to Landshare Ireland
Hi everyone,
Anyone know of a garden in search of a grower in the Dublin 1/3/7
areas? I'm in Fairview and will consider anything suitable in these
areas.

Town or city: Dublin
District / area: Dublin 1/3/7

Plot Requirements
Preferred size (sq. metres/years/feet): I'm told 5 x 10 mtrs is a good
size to start with, with the possibility of extending (if all goes
well)?
Distance prepared to travel: Will consder anything around Drumcondra,
Clonliffe Road, Glasnevin, Fairview, Clontarf areas.
Preferences for times of day/days of week: Weekends and weekday
evenings
Expected frequency/length of visits: I estimate one day per weekend &
two or three weeknights in the summer months, less in winter.
Maximum number of gardeners: Two
Details of any children or pets you may wish to bring with you: One
child, if plot owner is agreeable.
Describe your experience: New to allotment growing, but reasonably
experienced gardener (grew up on a farm)
Will you need help with any aspect of growing?: No physical help
required, advice always welcome, I'm part of Clontarf GIY group
Will you need to store tools and equipment at the garden?: Not
essential, but it would be very useful if available
Other: I'm passionate about gardening but have very little garden
space attached to my house. As I've said, I'm part of the Clontarf GIY
group, and am on the waiting list for an allotment in St. Annes Park
(which is allocated on a lottery basis, so is a long shot!) I'd love
to get going this winter.
Conditions:
The owner has the right to ask you not to bring children or pets
along.
Are you happy to agree to this? (y/n) Y

The owner may need certain times of the day, or days of the week, to
be private.
Are you happy to respect this? (y/n) Y

Are you happy to share a proportion of the produce you grow? (y/n) Y