Fracking protest in Ft. Worth article

Vicki Baggett

Apr 24, 2011, 11:27:38 AM4/24/11
to landowners-ri...@googlegroups.com
Good article on fracking protest in Ft. Worth, originally from the NY Times.  http://truthout.org/resistance-fracking-gas-drilling-rises-unlikely-soil/1303653424

Also, does anyone know whether there are injection wells on the Nac. loop?

Thanks,
Vicki

John Mayo

May 16, 2011, 4:03:40 PM5/16/11
to Landowner's Rights Alliance
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. To my knowledge there is an
injection well on NW loop 224. Salty's at the top of the hill on the
west side of the road north of Foretravel.
There is to be an injection well on Hwy 7, 2 miles east of the Carl
Monk overlook and just west of Hwy 95 (Martinsville). This is a creek
area where a person directly across the road from the proposed Inj-
well has already experienced pond pollution and die-off, possibly from
gas well drilling on and near her land. The injection well will cause
24/7 noise and pollution along with increased toxic waste carrying
heavy truck traffic. There is also a waste water truck wash-out
business in service on Hwy 7 not far from the proposed Inj-well. Where
does all that polluted waste water and detergent go? (It's in a creek
area as well.) Do they store it and send it to an injection well... I
don't see any storage tanks on the property. Definitely worth checking
in to, and maybe a conversation with County Judge Joe English will
help us learn more about it.
John Mayo.