Community Town Hall Meeting Tuesday November 30 - 7:00 pm - Nacogdoches Recreation Center

Kerry and Jim Lemon

Nov 24, 2010, 1:25:22 PM11/24/10
to Landowner's Rights Alliance

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Town Hall Meeting for Sunset Review of the Texas Commission on
Environmental Quality and the Texas Railroad Commission

Both the TCEQ and TRRC agencies, as well as others, are up for “Sunset
Review” by the Texas Legislature in the 2011 session. The Sunset
Advisory Commission will determine the need for each agency as well as
recommending improvements to make each one more effective in serving
Texas taxpayers. The initial report has already been submitted and
will be reviewed in legislative session on December 15th.

It is critical that we utilize this chance to be part of the process
and let our voices to be heard!

Alliance for a Clean Texas (ACT) has sponsored these public forums
around the state to help citizens better understand the role of each
agency as well as to gather and document comments from local citizens
about their experiences with these agencies. Local community members
and groups (including LORA) have worked bring this forum to East
Texas.

Speakers will be Bee Morehead from Texas Impact/Texas Interfaith Power
and Light, Dr. Bill Forbes SFA Geography professor on oil and gas
industry isssues, Dr. Matt McBroom SFA Forestry Professor on water
issues in East Texas, speakers on behalf of Sierra Club on the Tar
Sands Pipeline, and a speaker adressing air quaility issues. Following
will be an opportunity for comments from the attending public. All
written and oral comments will become public record and will be
presented by ACT to the Sunset Advisory Commission and to the state
Legislature. This will give them an understanding of what citizens
want from these regulatory agencies and how they can be improved, both
locally and statewide.

This is a unique opportunity for us to tell our stories and have them
heard by state legislatures. Please come be a part of the process by
sharing your experiences and ideas on how we can make these two
important state agencies better serve the citizens of Texas.

Help make Texas a safer place for us, our families, and our property!

The Community Town Hall Meeting will be held:
Tuesday November 30, 2010 from 7:00-9:00 pm at the
Nacogdoches Recreation Center, 1112 North Street, Nacogdoches
(Parking will be available in the center parking lot)

Local sponsors of the forum are:
Austin Height Baptist Church, Westminister Presbyterian Church,
Landowners Rights Alliance, Nacogdoches Green Party, Pineywoods
Audubon, Pineywoods Resource Conservation and Development Council,
Pineywoods Sierra Group, and the SFA Geography Club