Hope's Harvest RI Americorps VISTA Positions Available!

Eva Amanda Agudelo

Apr 23, 2019, 11:30:06 PM4/23/19
Hope's Harvest RI mobilizes volunteers to rescue surplus food from RI and MA farms and distributes it to hunger relief agencies across Rhode Island. 2018 was our first year of operation and with the help of over 60 volunteers we rescued and distributed 36,000 lbs of fresh, local fruits and vegetables to 10 food pantries serving over 6,000 people per month. Visit http://hopesharvest.org to learn more about what we do.

We're hoping to grow the impact of our work in 2019, and are actively seeking applicants for two Americorps VISTA positions, linked below. Please forward widely and feel free to get in touch with questions. Note also that Hope's Harvest RI is a fiscally sponsored project of Farm Fresh RI and all VISTA's will be part of a larger FFRI cohort and working primarily out of their offices in Pawtucket RI, although the work will require statewide travel.