The Good Earth Organic Farm & Garden Center is hiring for farm and garden center positions

stonew...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2019, 1:57:27 PM2/26/19
to Land Jobs Stuff – RI + MA + CT ag
Farm worker position for 2019 season
About the farm:
The Good Earth is a certified organic farm and garden center located in western Cranston, RI. We have been in business since 1995 growing and selling certified organic herb and vegetable plants, annual and perennial flowering plants, organic fertilizers, soils and other gardening supplies. Our facility is non-smoking and fragrance-free.
We also operate a one acre intensive vegetable farm including two high tunnels to serve 35 summer & winter CSA family members, our farm stand & several wholesale accounts.
Our work environment is friendly and encourages cooperation and shared responsibility to achieve our goals.

Our ideal candidate for the farm worker position would have a passion for organic food, gardening and farming and share our vision of The Good Earth as a part of a sustainable community that values fairness, the environment, the local economy, best quality organic food and products that support a rich quality of life.
We are looking for a motivated, responsible and capable person familiar with organic practices and at least one year of experience on an organic vegetable farm to join our team and perform the following duties.
❖ Prepare field and high tunnel planting beds
❖ Planting, cultivating, weeding crops and scouting for pests as well as harvesting, washing and packing all vegetable and herb crops.
❖ Laying out drip irrigation for field and high tunnel beds
❖ Help with greenhouse production of transplants for the field and high tunnels including transplanting, watering, fertilizing and scouting for pests.
❖ Work quickly and efficiently both individually and with others.
❖ Be punctual, reliable and able to work full days in all kinds of weather doing physically demanding tasks including lifting and carrying up to 60 pounds.
❖ Occasional help in building/repairing farm infrastructure.

Work period:
March through November, 30-40 hours/week including occasional weekend hours and somewhat fewer hours at the beginning and end of the season.

Compensation:
Hourly wage for this position is commensurate with farming experience.
Other benefits; weekly CSA share during CSA season, discounts on products sold at the farm.

If you’re looking for a career in farming we want to talk to you!

Please send us your resume and cover letter telling us why you’d like to join our team.
Contact:Joyce Holscher: jo...@goodearthri.com

Customer service/sales position for the 2019 season.

We are seeking a dynamic and motivated person to join our garden center team.
Our ideal candidate would have extensive plant knowledge and sales experience as well as
a passion for organic gardening and farming; someone to share our vision of The Good Earth as a part of
a sustainable community that values fairness, the environment, the local economy, best quality organic food and
products that support a rich quality of life.

Highlights of the position:

❖Assist customers in the garden center selecting plants and gardening supplies for their gardens and in the
   farm stand with fresh produce and specialty food products.
❖ Perform garden center tasks including transplanting, watering and plant maintenance.
❖ Help with special event set-up and creation/maintenance of in-store promotional materials.
❖ Arrange plants in displays in the greenhouse and outdoor display areas.
❖ Re-stock hard goods in the greenhouse as well as produce and specialty foods in the farm stand.
❖ Must be able to work efficiently both individually and with others.
❖ Must be punctual, reliable and be able to do physically demanding tasks including lifting and carrying up
    to 50 pounds.
Skills:

❖ Detail oriented
❖ Excellent customer communication skills.
❖ Knowledge of garden design concepts.
❖ Experience using cash register and credit card machine
❖ Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat would be a plus.

Work period:
March through October, forty hours/week including some weekend hours in the peak season, March and November 20-40
hours/week.
Compensation is based on experience and includes a discount on products sold at the farm and a weekly vegetable CSA share in season.
If you’re looking for a career in horticulture, we want to talk to you!

Please send us your current resume and tell us why you’d like to join our team.
Contact: Joyce Holscher: jo...@goodearthri.com

jennifer...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 9:13:32 AM4/25/19
to Land Jobs Stuff – RI + MA + CT ag
Hey there!

My name is Jen and I'm looking for full time farm hand work asap. I have some experience from bopping around on small property farms and Barden Family Orchard last summer and I loved it. I currently work temporarily for Brown University Dining Services, but I can start any time. Your hours sound great and I'm located in Providence with my own car. I'm pretty sturdy and good with plants, with a great attitude for farmers markets too if need be.

My phone is currently broken (replacing the screen within the next two weeks) but let me know if you or anyone you know is interested by hitting me up at this email!

Warmest Regards,
Jen Jackson