Wholesale & Retail/CSA Coordinators - Urban Oaks Organic Farm - New Britain, CT

1 view

Farm Fresh RI

Mar 25, 2010, 7:30:45 AM3/25/10
to Land Jobs Stuff – RI + MA + CT ag
Wholesale Coordinator - Urban Oaks Organic Farm, New Britain CT

Urban Oaks Organic Farm is located in the city of New Britain, CT on
the former
site of the Sandelli greenhouses. Our 3 acre nonprofit farmhas
16,000 square
feet of greenhouse space. We grow year round specializing in organic
greens,
herbs and heirloom crops. Our produce is sold to area restaurants,
stores and
we operate a farm stand onsite year round along with a winter and
summer CSA.

Urban Oaks Farm is accepting applications for a WHOLESALE
COORDINATOR. We are
seeking someone who will be responsible for managing the wholesale
part of our
operations including: all customer contact with restaurants and
stores (taking
orders, invoicing), supervising and participating in picking and
packing orders
and bookkeeping. This person will also be responsible for assisting
with other
aspects of crop production: seeding, planting, weeding, etc.

Applicant should have 2+ years of farming/culinary experience. Must
have
excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Needs to be
able to supervise and work collaboratively with other farm staff.
Computer
skills are necessary including QuickBooks, Excel, Word, constant
contact and
email. Must be able to lift 50lbs. and be willing to work in all
weather
conditions.

To apply please email your resume to Merrill Gay at merr...@snet.net
Visit
our website at www.urbanoaks.org

RETAIL/CSA COORDINATOR – Urban Oaks Organic Farm, New Britain CT

Urban Oaks Organic Farm is located in the city of New Britain, CT on
the former
site of the Sandelli greenhouses. Urban Oaks is a 3 acre nonprofit
farm with
16,000 square feet of greenhouse space. We grow year round
specializing in
organic greens, herbs and heirloom crops. Our produce is sold to area
restaurants, stores and we operate a farm stand onsite year round
along with a
winter and summer CSA.

Urban Oaks Farm is now accepting applications for a Retail/CSA
Coordinator. We
are seeking someone who will be responsible for managing our CSA and
retail
store including: oversight and participation in picking and packing
our CSA
each week during CSA time, coordinating and participating in picking
and set up
of the farm stand each week, cashiering and supervising other
cashiers,
coordinating and participating in cleanup of the farm stand, and
bookkeeping.
May also be responsible for running an offsite farmer’s market booth.
May
assist in other general crop production tasks.

Applicant should have 2+ years farming/retail produce experience.
Must have
excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Good
interpersonal skills necessary and Spanish speaking a plus. Needs to
be able
to supervise and work collaboratively with other farm staff. Cash
register and
computer experience are necessary including Quickbooks, Excel, Word,

our website at www.urbanoaks.org