Harvest reudction parameters in NECN

Thomas Estabrook

Apr 10, 2024, 11:48:30 AMApr 10
to LANDIS-II Users
Hi LANDIS users,

I was wondering if anyone could help me get a handle on how the Harvest reduction parameters in NECN interact with the biomass harvest extension. My main questions are:
  • The NECN documentation says that the CohortWoodRemoval parameter determines how much of a harvested cohort is moved 'off-site'. Does this parameter affect the harvested biomass reported by the Biomass Harvest extension? (Based on some testing, it seems like they don't interact at all -- setting CohortWoodRemoval to 0 for all treatments did not seem to affect what was recorded in the biomass harvest log -- but I would love to have that confirmed).
  • In what order are the reductions applied? If I set the CoarseLitterReduct parameter to 0.5, is this applied to the coarse litter pool before or after the residues defined by the CohortWoodRemoval ratio are added to the pool?
Cheers,
Thomas Estabrook