Applying pesticides in Biomass Harvest (or other) extension

theha...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2022, 7:16:14 PM1/24/22
to LANDIS-II Users
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this, or if not, what you would suggest to approximate its effects. Basically, I would like to include pesticide applications in some of my prescriptions using the Biomass Harvest extension (in conjunction with PnET-Succession), in two different ways:
1) Modeling herbicide applied to cut stumps after harvest (e.g. to prevent beech regrowth). Maybe the PreventEstablishment parameter would work for this?
2) Modeling insecticide applied to protect specific species/cohorts from a pest (e.g. applying EAB-killing insecticide to selected ash trees). I'm also using the Biological Disturbance Agent extension, so maybe the answer is in there instead; from what I can tell, it seems like manipulating the susceptibility classes could be a way to approximate this?

If you have any experience with this topic or thoughts/suggestions, I would love to hear from you. Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Best,

Hanusia Higgins