Compiling from GitHub repo

Christian Jauvin

Nov 5, 2015, 8:37:05 AM11/5/15
to LANDIS-II Developers, rmsc...@pdx.edu, Dominic Cyr, Yan Boulanger
Hi,

I've been recently hired as a contractor by Natural Resources Canada researchers (Yan Boulanger and Dominic Cyr) to modify the Landis code in order to introduce a change in the reproduction behaviour of certain serotinous species

As my experience with Landis is quite limited, I'd like to know if there's a step by step procedure I could follow to first setup and compile the existing code, which can be found on GitHub (other than the usual interactions with git, with which I'm quite familiar). I understand that you recently migrated from Google Code to GitHub, and that the process must thus still be somehow quite in flux, so I just want to make sure that I'm not missing some critical information about it.

Best regards,

Christian Jauvin

Lesley

Nov 9, 2015, 10:34:52 AM11/9/15
to LANDIS-II Developers, rmsc...@pdx.edu, cyr.d...@gmail.com, yan.bo...@canada.ca
Welcome Christian! I have been working with LANDIS-II for just over a year. As part of the Google Summer of Code, we started the LANDIS-II developer's blog in the summer of 2014. I have continued to update the blog with tips and tricks that you might find helpful. The subject of the most recent posts is developing for LANDIS-II with GitHub. https://sites.google.com/site/landismodel/developers/developers-blog. Bonne chance.