Compile for Mac OS

Olalla Díaz Yáñez

Apr 14, 2021, 8:15:44 AM4/14/21
to LANDIS-II Developers
I was wondering if any of you have compiled LANDIS-II V7 for Mac OS, and if you could share your experience. I have only managed to find a post about this topic in the user list from 2011.

Thank you in advanced for your time!

Olalla

Chang Gyo Jung

Apr 14, 2021, 9:05:31 AM4/14/21
to LANDIS-II Developers
I have tried to set LANDIS-II V7 up within the Docker environment (in Mac OS) by using this GitHub source for the Linux environment (https://github.com/LANDIS-II-Foundation/Core-Model-v7-LINUX). It was successful in executing an example scenario. I am not sure whether it is possible for real simulations or applications since I have not used LANDIS before, but technically it would be working.

Using VirtualBox is also another option.

Chang