Succession Library v8

Robert Scheller

Sep 14, 2019, 9:04:36 AM9/14/19
to LANDIS-II Developers
Dear All:

The Technical Advisory Committee has approved an update of the succession library to v8.  See attached.

The succession library has been updated to version 8:  https://github.com/LANDIS-II-Foundation/Library-Succession

The dll is also now available from the common dll repository:  https://github.com/LANDIS-II-Foundation/Support-Library-Dlls-v7

The change will require that all succession extensions are updated to use it.  If you do not update, the next release of the harvest libraries will not be compatible.  The good news is that it is VERY easy to update the code.  See:

In addition, the *.csproj file will need to point to -v8 and the new dll will need to be downloaded from the repository above.  I will report soon how this can be used to generate a regeneration log file.

Our goal is to have a 'unified release' on October 1 (or thereabouts) when all extensions that use succession-library-v8 will be simultaneously released.

Rob

Proposed modification to Succession Library.pdf

Caren Dymond

Sep 26, 2019, 2:57:07 PM9/26/19
to LANDIS-II Developers
Hi
What testing will be done for the Biomass Succession extension in light of this change? (I'm trying to understand what testing we would need to do for ForCS. It sounds like it's just an extra field being reported so probably not a lot of opportunity for unexpected implications).
thanks

Robert Scheller

Sep 27, 2019, 12:01:02 PM9/27/19
to LANDIS-II Developers
Caren,

We did our testing on NECN with minimal testing of Biomass Succession.  The reason it was minimal is that until the information is used - put into a output file of establishment - the code has no effect.  If you don't need such a log file, then the update is only to maintain compatibility with the harvest and land use extensions.

Once I have NECN modified with the log file information, I'll share that information.

Robert Scheller

Oct 9, 2019, 1:47:52 PM10/9/19
to LANDIS-II Developers
Dear All:

I just added a reproduction log file to NECN using the information provided by succession-library-v8.  Very useful!

Rob