Attaching Visual Studio 2017 debugger

vinc...@pdx.edu

May 21, 2017, 4:47:02 PM5/21/17
to LANDIS-II Developers
Due to the nature of how Landis-II works, attaching a debugger to the process can be tricky and not straightforward. Attached are instructions on how to attach the debugger to the landis-ii process allowing users to debug extensions, core-model, and libraries. This allows users to step through their code and visual the changes that are being made within the code while it runs. If you have any questions or have trouble getting it attached post up here and i'll help you out.

-- Vincent
Attaching-Debugger-Landis-ii.txt

dan.twe...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 7:43:14 AM11/14/18
to LANDIS-II Developers
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the instructions, I found them very useful while fiddling with an extension in Landis-ii-6.

I am curious if you, or anyone else, has any pointers on how to debug an extension in Landis-ii-7.

Now that Landis is (I assume) a .Net Core console app, I cannot find a Landis exe in the list of running processes and System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch() just crashes the extension.

cheers
dan

Robert Scheller

Nov 14, 2018, 7:48:43 AM11/14/18
to LANDIS-II Developers
Dan,

Attached is debugging information for Core-v7.  I have never used it myself and am only passing along the information.
landis_devenv_vs2017.pdf