Winter is upon us - LEV.

Mike Nickerson

Dec 10, 2019, 8:24:43 AM12/10/19
to lanarkec...@googlegroups.com
Greetings:

Along with this update is a reminder that today, December 10th, is the nadir of the afternoon sunset.  Starting tomorrow, the sun will set just a little bit later, as it will increasingly until our part of the world is warm again.

That said, the mornings will continue to get shorter at a faster rate than the afternoons are getting longer, until Winter Solstice, December 21st, when the balance will change.

Around January 6th, the mornings also start to get longer and we will be able to hang our hope on expanding daylight in anticipation of Spring.  Until then, relating with family, friends, our communities and traditions can keep our spirits afloat.  It is a season for distraction.

The pond is filling up.

See the pictures here:
Since the pond was dug, it has filled almost to capacity.

The last bit on that web page is an invitation to come skate or toboggan with us.  It has been years in the making, but both possibilities are now real, weather accommodating.

If you have a toboggan or other sliding device that you don’t use, let us know.  In a set-back here, it seems a heat lamp was knocked over in the chicken coop and our shed burned down.  Our two toboggans were among the items lost.  No one was hurt, tho we lost several chickens.

Life goes on.  We wish you the best for this holiday season and the new year coming.  From now till the days are getting longer at both ends, we need each other and our various traditions to divert us from concern about the increasing cold and dark.

The new year is coming.  We hope it finds you well.

Yours, Mike & Claire

"This could be our revolution:

To love what is plentiful
as much as what is scarce."

Alice Walker

7th Generation Initiative / Sustainability Project

Eco-Village project

If you want to be removed from this list, simply ask at sust...@web.ca