Good initiatives, well explained & ! ! !

Mike Nickerson

Apr 28, 2019, 8:32:53 AM4/28/19
to Mike Nickerson

Greetings:

This email contains links to clear video explanations of:
Public Banking  (2:10 min.)
The Green New Deal  (7:35 min.)
An expose of
US foreign policy  (2 min. or 30 min.)
And
An action to preserve Inter Library Loans in Ontario

Public Banking   (2:10 min.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpho-eie-fw&feature=youtu.be

Green New Deal   (7:35 min.)

The glory of the American experiment

Mike Pompeo, the former CIA director and now chief diplomat of the United States, made the following remarks in a recent interview:

“I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. It’s — it was like — we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment.”
You can see him actually making the comment in the videos down the page at:
(The 2 min. version is the first video link.  The second video link is to a half hour providing context.)

Public Library Cutbacks in Ontario

From a recent mailing:  ". . . cuts to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism [Ontario] . . . resulted in a 50% cut to the two agencies (Southern Ontario Library Service and its northern Ontario counterpart) that provide interlibrary loan services and training of public library staff across the province, among other things."

I have long used Interlibrary Loans to get books that are not in the local collection.  Having the entire Library System of Ontario accessible locally has been a great help in researching for Life, Money and Illusion and for my earlier work.

Removal of acres to any book in an Ontario library puts blinders on every research and study interest of curious citizens.

Here is a petition website that has some traction (over 22,000 signatures and counting): https://www.change.org/p/doug-ford-stop-the-cuts-to-the-southern-ontario-library-service-and-ontario-library-service-north-0c4e3208-1835-46ae-91b7-1f3898603f6e. Please consider adding your name and passing this along to other Ontario taxpayers.

Thanks for your interest.

Yours, Mike N. & Claire

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed citizens can change the world,
indeed it's the only thing that ever has."
                             Margaret Mead

7th Generation Initiative / Sustainability Project

Eco-Village project

sust...@web.ca   *     *     *