RTx (NEB Warmstart)

Joel Rosenbaum

Apr 9, 2020, 9:34:28 PM4/9/20
to LAMP-Seq
Have you guys attempted to use RTx + Bst 2.0 in place of Bst 3.0? Obviously this bumps cost but it could yield a time savings of 50% (at least according to the idealized NEB results). I wonder why RTx alone wasn't attempted since it is an engineered Kod polymerase (and as such should be very fast).

Jonathan Leo Schmid-Burgk

Apr 9, 2020, 9:44:01 PM4/9/20
to LAMP-Seq
We have used RTx + Bst 2.0, which works fine. RTx alone would not allow LAMP amplification as far as I can tell. The reason we propose Bst 3.0 for large scale application is simplicity and cost, while reaction time might not be critical