A few feature Requests

Maahes

Jul 5, 2011, 10:20:42 AM7/5/11
to LambdaRogue
1.) In depth coverage/manual of what skills there are, and what they
do (I haven't found any such thing)
2.) Same for Gods (Just started the game, soldier of aries start...I
don't know what the benefits of worshipping ares are, and I don't know
how to find out, because nothing is listed in the ? help file)
3.) Able to remap quick-keys to something other than function keys,
possibly a simple macro. ...I use awesome window manager and my
current setup doesn't like sharing function keys so much, so okay this
a fully selfish request. ^_^

Mario Donick

Jul 5, 2011, 10:32:40 AM7/5/11
to LambdaRogue
Hi Maahes,

thanks for your ideas.

> 1.) In depth coverage/manual of what skills there are, and what they
> do (I haven't found any such thing)

You should read the parts on fighting and magic in the ingame help --
there most skills are explained.

> 2.) Same for Gods (Just started the game, soldier of aries start...I
> don't know what the benefits of worshipping ares are, and I don't know
> how to find out, because nothing is listed in the ? help file)

I did not intend to make this SO obvious to players. They are Gods,
after all. So this would only be something for spoilers.

> 3.) Able to remap quick-keys to something other than function keys,
> possibly a simple macro. ...I use awesome window manager and my
> current setup doesn't like sharing function keys so much, so okay this
> a fully selfish request. ^_^

Good idea. I'll look into it, as soon as I have time work on the game
again.

Maahes

Jul 5, 2011, 11:36:39 AM7/5/11
to LambdaRogue
As I play, I find one more thing actually a bit of a useability issue.
Exiting out of menus and such takes hitting escape twice. Since I have
escape mapped to capslock this isn't so bad. But escape also triggers
the menu for setting keybindings, options, and save and quit. If I get
overzealous in exiting a menu, I go to that, and if I get overzealous
in exiting that I go straight back to it.

Mario Donick

Jul 5, 2011, 11:46:12 AM7/5/11
to LambdaRogue
I suppose you're using the game with a X11 console?

I don't know what could be done about this -- just one ESC press is
simply not recognized. (It's different under Windows and with the
graphical mode). I could only change the key itself for leaving the
menus, but then this would be very non-standard ...