MacOS Lion Patch for LambdaRogue 1.6 Released

Mario Donick

Nov 17, 2011, 10:47:40 AM11/17/11
to LambdaRogue
Finally LambdaRogue is working on MacOS Lion. Today, I re-installed
XCode, re-installed FreePascal, and re-compiled the source code. The
resulting binary is now Intel-only, as Lion does not support PowerPC
anymore. Sorry about that; not my fault.

You can download the new binary at SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-lambdarogue/files/LambdaRogue%201.6/LambdaRogue_1.6_MacOS_Lion.zip/download

The .zip-archive also contains a new startup script, which allows you
to place your LambdaRogue folder anywhere; i.e. you're not forced to
have it in your Applications folder anymore.

To install the Lion patch, simply open the .zip and copy the all
content into your LambdaRogue folder. Replace any existing files.

If you have any problems using the patch, or if it happen to _not_
work, please give a short note.

Paul Humphries

Nov 18, 2011, 6:17:37 AM11/18/11
to LambdaRogue
Ah, i see - I had to download the universal binary version and replace
its fprl with the new fprl (and its Play Lambdarogue script with the
new one but i don't know if that's necessary).

On Nov 17, 10:47 am, Mario Donick <md1....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Finally LambdaRogue is working on MacOS Lion. Today, I re-installed
> XCode, re-installed FreePascal, and re-compiled the source code. The
> resulting binary is now Intel-only, as Lion does not support PowerPC
> anymore. Sorry about that; not my fault.
>
> You can download the new binary at SourceForge:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-lambdarogue/files/LambdaRogue%201...

Paul Humphries

Nov 18, 2011, 6:12:03 AM11/18/11
to LambdaRogue
tried to run the script but had to download sdl, sdl.image and
sdl.mixer, ran it again and got "Error: configuration file
"lambdarogue.cfg" is missing."

On Nov 17, 10:47 am, Mario Donick <md1....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Finally LambdaRogue is working on MacOS Lion. Today, I re-installed
> XCode, re-installed FreePascal, and re-compiled the source code. The
> resulting binary is now Intel-only, as Lion does not support PowerPC
> anymore. Sorry about that; not my fault.
>
> You can download the new binary at SourceForge:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-lambdarogue/files/LambdaRogue%201...

Mario Donick

Nov 18, 2011, 7:06:38 AM11/18/11
to LambdaRogue
Yes, it's a patch -- that's why it is so small ;)

The new script is necessary if you don't want to place the LambdaRogue
folder inside your application folder. I was told that many Mac users
try to keep downloaded applications on their desktops or in any other
place, and the old script did not allow this.

On Nov 18, 12:17 pm, Paul Humphries <christmasinhol...@gmail.com>