LambdaRogue 1.5.3 (patch) released

Mario Donick

May 3, 2010, 2:15:47 AM5/3/10
to LambdaRogue
Yesterday the latest patch was released: Read the announcement here:

http://lambdarogue.net/patch.html

Bible Black

May 4, 2010, 4:02:02 AM5/4/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello,

In this patch add to display mini-status always, it is too heavy for
our old ThinkPad X24.
Would you change it to be user selectable -- for.ex option or assign
toggle key.

Thank you.

Mario Donick

May 4, 2010, 4:18:45 AM5/4/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello,

thanks for your message.

>   In this patch add to display mini-status always, it is too heavy for
> our old ThinkPad X24.
>   Would you change it to be user selectable -- for.ex option or assign
> toggle key.

Do you mean by "mini-status" the tooltips which appear when you hover
the
mouse cursor over the status area?

Partly I develop the game with an even older ThinkPad T23, where I
don't
have any problems.

I will, however, add an option to switch tooltips off in patch 1.5.4.

Mario

hir...@arcor.de

May 4, 2010, 5:56:52 AM5/4/10
to lambd...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your answer.

> Do you mean by "mini-status" the tooltips which appear when you hover
> the
> mouse cursor over the status area?

No. You display "HP, PP, STR, DRV, EXP" value in under HP/PP Bar.
This display flicker when I move, and too slow moving, slow response.

> Partly I develop the game with an even older ThinkPad T23, where I
> don't
> have any problems.

Oh!! I am very surprised, ver. 1.5.2 is very smooth and quick response.
It is same as character mode.

> I will, however, add an option to switch tooltips off in patch 1.5.4.

Thank you for your decision.

Mario Donick

May 4, 2010, 6:00:54 AM5/4/10
to LambdaRogue
> > Do you mean by "mini-status" the tooltips which appear when you hover
> > the
> > mouse cursor over the status area?
>
>    No. You display "HP, PP, STR, DRV, EXP" value in under HP/PP Bar.
>    This display flicker when I move, and too slow moving, slow response.

This should only show up when you have your mouse cursor over this
area (the character portrait, the status bars and the area directly
beneath the status bars). Once you move the mouse cursor out of this
area, it shouldn't be displayed. It should also disappear once you
move your character.

What happens when you move the mouse over one of the icons in the
quickbar (F1 to F12)?

Mario

Bible Black

May 4, 2010, 5:07:47 PM5/4/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello.

I have checked my situation.

> This should only show up when you have your mouse cursor over this
> area (the character portrait, the status bars and the area directly
> beneath the status bars). Once you move the mouse cursor out of this
> area, it shouldn't be displayed. It should also disappear once you
> move your character.

When I move my mouse on edge of right side, mini-status disappear.
But once I move, it will appear again. It flickers with pushing move
key.
And character movement is little heavy feel.

If Fullscreen = False, 1024x768= False, then it is better than
above.

> What happens when you move the mouse over one of the icons in the
> quickbar (F1 to F12)?

Some explain text appear. It works fine.

Bible Black

May 4, 2010, 8:16:25 PM5/4/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

> >    No. You display "HP, PP, STR, DRV, EXP" value in under HP/PP Bar.
> >    This display flicker when I move, and too slow moving, slow response.
>
> This should only show up when you have your mouse cursor over this
> area (the character portrait, the status bars and the area directly
> beneath the status bars). Once you move the mouse cursor out of this
> area, it shouldn't be displayed. It should also disappear once you
> move your character.

When I move mouse cursor to edge of right side, mini-status
disappear.
But once push move key (hjklyubn), it appear with flickering.
Moving character is a little slow and heavy.

If option Fullscreen= False, 1024x768= False, then smoother than
above.

> What happens when you move the mouse over one of the icons in the
> quickbar (F1 to F12)?

Explain message are displayed. I think it works fine.

Thank you.

Mario Donick

May 5, 2010, 2:04:34 AM5/5/10
to LambdaRogue
>   When I move my mouse on edge of right side, mini-status disappear.
>   But once I move, it will appear again. It flickers with pushing move
> key.

Hm, for me, it disappears once I press a movement key, regardless of
screen resolution or fullscreen on/off. Which OS do you use? (Perhaps
there a differences with mouse message handling in different Windows
versions).

> And character movement is little heavy feel.
> If Fullscreen = False, 1024x768= False, then it is better than above.

Yeah, the more is drawn, the slower is display update.

> Some explain text appear. It works fine.

Strange, because it uses the same method like the "mini status".

I'll investigate this further.

Bible Black

May 5, 2010, 4:46:14 PM5/5/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello,

> >   But once I move, it will appear again. It flickers with pushing move
> >   key.
>
> Hm, for me, it disappears once I press a movement key, regardless of
> screen resolution or fullscreen on/off. Which OS do you use? (Perhaps
> there a differences with mouse message handling in different Windows
> versions).

I use Windows XP sp2, Display driver is ATI.
I tried 16bit/32bit color depth, but both settings is same
situation.

> > And character movement is little heavy feel.
> > If Fullscreen = False, 1024x768= False, then it is better than above.
>
> Yeah, the more is drawn, the slower is display update.
>
> > Some explain text appear. It works fine.
>
> Strange, because it uses the same method like the "mini status".

Mouse over works fine.
When I push move key, "mini status" once disappear, after appear
soon.
It will be feel to flicker.
If mouse over function is turned off, mini status disappear too.
It is better than now for me and our machine.
I hope it will be set by General option.

> I'll investigate this further.

It is not problem that program run on faster machine.

Thank you.

Mario Donick

May 6, 2010, 2:46:14 AM5/6/10
to LambdaRogue
>   I hope it will be set by General option.

I will allow to turn it off, esp. because somebody has confirmed this
bug in fullscreen, too.

Bible Black

May 6, 2010, 12:13:38 PM5/6/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello,

> >   I hope it will be set by General option.
>
> I will allow to turn it off, esp. because somebody has confirmed this
> bug in fullscreen, too.

OK. Thank you. I will wait next patch.