Rosetta required?

Jeremy Jurksztowicz

Aug 11, 2011, 10:44:46 PM8/11/11
to LambdaRogue
You need the rosetta software to run fprl.

I don't have rosetta installed. Has anyone got lr working on OSX
without rosetta? Is this just an artifact of the precompiled OSX
version? I'm gonna try and compile from sources, just seeing if
someone in the community has some insights.

Mario Donick

Aug 12, 2011, 4:15:21 AM8/12/11
to LambdaRogue
Hi Jeremy,

which OSX version do you use? Currently, LambdaRogue won't work on
Lion, because it should be a universal binary. However, on Lion the
information dialogue shows it's a PowerPC binary, which should not be
the case. If this is also true on Snow Leopard, then I did make
something wrong.

I am trying to recompile the Mac version of LambdaRogue, so it works
on all recent systems.

Jeremy Jurksztowicz

Aug 13, 2011, 7:58:14 AM8/13/11
to LambdaRogue
Hi! I'm on OSX 10.6.6. Yeah, there are a few odd breaks between 10.5
and 10.6.2 and 10.6.6. Compiled stuff for 10.6 might not work on 10.5
due to a change in the linker, along with the whole universal binary
BS. Anyways, hope you can work it out because I'm too lazy (err.. busy
with my own work?).

The game looks stellar. Can't wait to play it!