Equipping shortcuts (a question)

1 view

Madeleine

Feb 21, 2011, 5:53:11 PM2/21/11
to LambdaRogue
Is there a way to streamline the equipping and unequipping process?
For example, if I'm using a character that uses a bow as her primary
weapon and I come across a barrel, right now I'm going into my
inventory, unequipping my bow and then breaking the barrel, then going
back into inventory and equipping the bow again.
Like, I guess, is it possible to set up macros or equipment 'groups'?
- a way to quickly switch between a set of equipment. And if switching
equipment takes x number of turns, I don't mean a way to bypass the
number of turns it takes - just a way to lower the amount of
repetitive feeling tasks that slowdown the pace (for me).
(As a side note, I do recognize that this just highlights how lazy I
am x.x "WHAT, FOUR EXTRA KEYSTROKES!")

Mario Donick

Feb 23, 2011, 2:48:24 AM2/23/11
to LambdaRogue
Finally I am able to reply. Google Groups behaves strangely.

Unfortunately there is currently no way of doing this. However, I plan
to allow players to equip a melee weapon and a longrange weapon at the
same time. This will probably be in the next update.

Madeleine

Feb 24, 2011, 10:58:17 PM2/24/11
to LambdaRogue
Being able to equip a melee and ranged weapon at the same time is a
much more simpler solution =D Thanks for replying!
PS. I <3 LambdaRogue. One of my favorite roguelikes. Thanks for making
it!

Mario Donick

Feb 25, 2011, 3:44:10 AM2/25/11
to LambdaRogue
Thank you :) It's so good to hear that all the time spent into the
game is appreciated, and I will do my best to always improve the game
(though sometimes it takes some time, due to other things).