Quest problems with 1.5.2

Drazen Kacar

Jul 7, 2010, 12:28:47 PM7/7/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello.

I'm using 1.5.2 on Linux and I have encountered a couple of problems.
I don't know if they are bugs or I'm not doing what I should be doing.

1. I have Water, C# and Big mushroom, but Grenouille keeps telling me
"Get me the ingrediences, then you'll get a flacon of my best
perfume". This looks like a bug to me. Or is there some trick with
this? At this point I have no more quests that I can fulfill, so I'm
really stuck. :-)

2. Dr. Zimermann said that certain crystal needs to be sacrificed at
the altar, but it disappeared from my inventory after that. There is a
slight chance that this is a bug, although other explanations are
possible.

Mario Donick

Jul 7, 2010, 5:18:47 PM7/7/10
to LambdaRogue
Hello,

the problems you're describing are bugs, already known. Hopefully I
will get out the 1.5.4 update soon, which will be released for Linux,
too.

For the Grenouille quest, you may open the file quests.txt with an
editor and search for his name. Then, you should fine a line where all
needed ingredients are listed (separated by , ). Change "bottle of
water"
to "water" and the quest should work once you start again.

Regarding Dr. Zimmermann, there's unfortunately nothing you can do at
the moment, but wait for 1.5.4. Sorry ...

Drazen Kacar

Jul 7, 2010, 5:49:38 PM7/7/10
to LambdaRogue
Thank you. I have two more, though.

At some point Dr. Maier quest dissapeared from the questlog page. I
wasn't sure if I had done it or not, so I went to visit him and he
greeted me with "I'm glad to know you", but still there was no mention
in the questlog. This didn't affect gameplay in any way, except for my
confusion.

Another thing is that some time after that the number of aspirins and
penicillins in my inventory skyrocketed. Last time I looked while
things were normal I had about 30 aspirins and 10 penicillins. Then,
all of a sudden, there were 96 aspirins and 30 or so penicillins. I
was using them, but it looked as if they were multiplying, so the
numbers kept growing, although they never went over 100.

If this is a normal game effect, then I suppose it occurs after
consuming Heartbeat. Otherwise, it looks like a bug. Not that I'm
complaining, mind you. :-)

Mario Donick

Jul 8, 2010, 10:46:47 AM7/8/10
to LambdaRogue
The aspirin thing is very interesting. I never stumbled upon this bug.
If you still have the savegame, you may send it to me. It is certainly
not intended ;-)

The Dr. Maier thing should be solved already in 1.5.3, so once 1.5.4
is out, it should work on Linux again.

Drazen Kacar

Jul 8, 2010, 4:19:05 PM7/8/10
to LambdaRogue
> The aspirin thing is very interesting. I never stumbled upon this bug.

It happened again, so I have some more details. It happens when I buy
it from the trader. Instead of adding one item to my inventory, I get
somewhere between 10 and 15 items (aspirins or penicillins).

I don't know what trrigers that behavior, though. It doesn't happen on
lower levels.

> If you still have the savegame, you may send it to me. It is certainly
> not intended ;-)

But it's much nicer to play this way. :-) Except that I get reckless
and die anyway. :-)

I'll send you the savegame if I run into it again.

Mario Donick

Jul 8, 2010, 4:24:21 PM7/8/10
to LambdaRogue
> It happened again, so I have some more details. It happens when I buy
> it from the trader. Instead of adding one item to my inventory, I get
> somewhere between 10 and 15 items (aspirins or penicillins).

Ah. Then it's alright. Aspirin and Penicillin are sold in packages by
traders, so when you buy (a package of) Aspirin, you'll have 10 or 15
(don't remember the exact number) more (units of) Aspirin in your
inventory.