Compiling lambdarouge on Debian 64 ?

shirish शिरीष

Jul 15, 2011, 10:43:29 AM7/15/11
to lambd...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I read the post/rhread at
https://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.misc/browse_thread/thread/0931d7f314089d3d/904da0fcd4847a8d#904da0fcd4847a8d
and have some queries . This is what the OP wrote :-

<quote>
Hi,

I just installed lambdarogue on my debian,
and I report the steps:
-- get the source from
http://code.google.com/p/lambdarogue/downloads/list
-- get the music.
-- unzip the music files: you'll get a directory
with a music directory in it.
In the main tree, there was also a music directory
with only one file inside ("delete.me").
Replace the latter by the former, and remove
the "delete.me" file.
-- install Free Pascal.
-- compile with: fpc -Mobjfpc -ve fprl.pp
The executable is now called fprl.
-- download the executable for linux.
-- unzip untar and recover the file lambdarogue.cfg
Put this filme instead of the lambdarogue.cfg of the
main tree (main (only?) issue: the command for the music).
-- correct the permissions with a
chown -R root.staff LambdaRogue-1.6__without-music__src
-- ./fprl gives you what you want!

Best,
Amities,
Olivier

</quote>

Few queries :-

<quote>
Hi,

I just installed lambdarogue on my debian,
and I report the steps:
-- get the source from
http://code.google.com/p/lambdarogue/downloads/list
</quote>

Which source file is he talking about ?

a. LambdaRogue-1.5-music.zip

b. LambdaRogue-1.6__without-music__win32.zip

c. hotfix_for_lambdarogue_1.6.zip

d. lambdarogue-1.6__i386.tar.bz2

e. lambdarogue_dvd-cover.pdf

f. monsters.txt

g. LambdaRogue-1.6__without-music__src.zip

which one is he talking about, is he talking about d. or g. ? I would
not be able go further unless I know which one is he talking about ?

<snipped>

-- install Free Pascal.

done .

$ aptitude show fpc
Package: fpc
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 2.4.4-2
The Free Pascal Compiler is an object pascal compiler supporting both Delphi
and Turbo Pascal 7.0 dialects as well as Mac pascal dialects. It provides a
completely portable RunTime Library (RTL) available on many platforms and
compatible with Turbo Pascal, but also a platform independent class based
Free Component Library (FCL) adding many Delphi extensions and interfacing
many popular open source libraries.

Some extensions are added to the language, like function overloading. Shared
libraries can be linked and created. Delphi language extensions like
classes, exceptions, ansi strings and open arrays are also supported.

This is a metapackage and is always depending on the last version available
of the package contains dependency on all FPC packages provided on your
architecture. Experienced users may want to install only packages they need,
and can skip installing this metapackage.
Homepage: http://www.freepascal.org/

Tags: devel::compiler, devel::lang:pascal, role::metapackage

<quote>
-- compile with: fpc -Mobjfpc -ve fprl.pp
The executable is now called fprl.
</quote>

This is clear the only confusion is whether its d. or g. on which the
compilation has to be done .

</quote>

-- download the executable for linux.

</quote>

again, which one is it ? I have no idea which one has the executable
one. Is it d. And if yes, isn't that a 32-bit executable . What about
64-bit systems ?

<quote>
-- unzip untar and recover the file lambdarogue.cfg
Put this filme instead of the lambdarogue.cfg of the
main tree (main (only?) issue: the command for the music).
-- correct the permissions with a
chown -R root.staff LambdaRogue-1.6__without-music__src
-- ./fprl gives you what you want!
</quote>

do not understand the bits about the main tree part as well what he
means about issuing the command for the music .

Looking forward for clarifications and info. I am on an x86-64 bit system.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

shirish शिरीष

Jul 15, 2011, 10:51:39 AM7/15/11
to lambd...@googlegroups.com
Adding info at bottom :-

2011/7/15 shirish शिरीष <shiri...@gmail.com>:

> Looking forward for clarifications and info. I am on an x86-64 bit system.

Please CC me if anyone rsponds to the query given above as while I'm
subscribed to the mailing list, mail delivery has been turned off.
CCing me would do the trick. Thanx in advance.