Need to print a half inch by 1 inch by half inch model to see if Replicator can do it, before I buy a Replicator.

Lincoln K

Jul 28, 2012, 2:27:50 AM7/28/12
to lamak...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am thinking about getting a Replicator, but I need to know how a specific model of mine will come out before I buy the Replicator since this is the main use I need it for.

I am planning on making hundreds of the model if I get a Replicator.  It is very small.  Only about 1 inch by .5 inch, by .5 inch.  I have heard that the new Replicator can print at .1mm layer thickness or even thinner.

Anyone in the Los Angeles or Ventura County area have good results with layers that thin?  Would you be willing to print one of my model for me so I can see what it will look like to be sure the Replicator can handle the detail needed?

I am happy to pay for your time.

Thanks for any help,

Lincoln

hatred69

Sep 14, 2012, 6:23:40 PM9/14/12
to lamak...@googlegroups.com

Hey Lincoln,

I saw nobody had answered this request yet, and I happen to be a happy owner of a ne Replicator so I figured I would offer to help ya out.  If you still need help, let me know.

whosawhatsis

Sep 15, 2012, 12:44:25 AM9/15/12
to lamak...@googlegroups.com
Come by Makerbot Monthly at Crashspace on Sunday, noon-3pm. There will be at least one Replicator there as well as other printers. A Replicator can probably handle .1mm layers, and we'll also have a Bukobot, which we routinely print at that level of detail on.

Lincoln K

Sep 17, 2012, 4:40:03 PM9/17/12
to lamak...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

I actually got some private e-mails from folks and one was from a nice guy that only lives 3 miles from me!

I ordered the MakerBot, and have been using it for a few weeks now.  :)

Hopefully I'll be able to come by the meet up because I'd love to show my prints that worked, and get some info on what may have gone wrong with the ones that didn't.

Lincoln

Lincoln K

Sep 17, 2012, 4:42:49 PM9/17/12
to lamak...@googlegroups.com
Oh wait, I think I just realized that the meet up was yesterday.  :(

I had been looking on here to see when the next meet up was, but I never saw anything posted about it.

Is it always on the third Sunday?

Lincoln