Obtaining Small Prints

ChipCustomizer

May 8, 2012, 1:35:32 AM5/8/12
to LAMakerBot
I've been experimenting with trying to do tiny or small prints. I
downloaded the grenade from thingiverse which is pretty cool to print
at the large size, but small (1/4 scale) prints of it turn out really
badly. I know there are limits to the makerbot, but I was wondering
if there was a way to slow down the machine since the errors seem to
be when the machine works too quickly on the smaller models.

I'm using all the default settings and increasing the build platform
temp to 110 for ABS and not using a raft. Has anyone slowed down the
print speed and can let me know what settings I can try out to slow
down the print speed to see if I can achieve small prints that look
decent?

Please let me know. I have a Makerbot Replicator that I received a
week ago with dual extruders.
Thanks,
Dan

Shawn Grant

May 9, 2012, 9:15:41 PM5/9/12
to lamak...@googlegroups.com
Have you watched the recent makerbot tv episode about printing small things?  Or read the article from prettysmallthings:
http://www.makerbot.com/blog/2012/04/28/makerbot-miniatures-thinking-about-scale-2/

You should also follow or bring up the topic in the general makerbot group... it gets alot more traffic.