Capture Your Town

Theron Trowbridge

Jun 23, 2012, 11:45:57 AM6/23/12
to crashspace, lamak...@googlegroups.com
I thought I had sent this last Sunday after the MakerBot monthly meeting, but it looks like I did not.

MakerBot is launching a summer project - Capture Your Town.  They want people to create (using Autodesk 123D Catch or other tools) 3D models of landmarks in their town and post them to Thingiverse.  Check out their post at http://www.makerbot.com/community/capture-your-town/

If you don't know, MakerBot did a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum Of Art and scanned lots of stuff in the museum.  They want to see that happen in other places.  L.A. is not a big city for preserving landmarks, but they don't have to be famous buildings or anything.

They also have a survey for people participating.

Not just for MakerBot users - they list a bunch of different printers to choose from.

-Theron
^