LAKE MEAD TEMPORARILY WAIVES ENTRANCE FEES TO ACCOMMODATE I-15 CLOSURE

Vanover, Christie

Sep 9, 2014, 4:24:58 PM9/9/14
to Lake Mead Media Releases
National Park Service
U.S. Department of the Interior

LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA

News Release For Immediate Release: September 9, 2014
Release No.: 2014-70
Contact: 702-293-8712

LAKE MEAD TEMPORARILY WAIVES ENTRANCE FEES TO ACCOMMODATE I-15 CLOSURE

BOULDER CITY, Nevada – The Nevada Department of Transportation has reported that Interstate 15 is closed in both directions from mile marker 64 to 112 north of Las Vegas between Glendale and Mesquite in Clark County Nevada due to flooding.

To help alleviate traffic congestion and allow drivers to reach their intended destinations, the entrance fee at Lake Mead National Recreation Area is temporarily waived at Northshore, Lake Mead Boulevard, Lake Mead Parkway and Boulder Beach entrance stations, until further notice.

For the latest updates on Nevada traffic, visit http://nvroads.com.

-NPS-