LAKE MEAD WELCOMES NEW CHIEF OF COMMERCIAL SERVICES

Vanover, Christie

Sep 30, 2014, 5:24:55 PM9/30/14
to Lake Mead Media Releases
National Park Service
U.S. Department of the Interior

LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA News Release

For Immediate Release: September 30, 2014
Release No.: 2014-76
Contact: 702-293-8691

LAKE MEAD WELCOMES NEW CHIEF OF COMMERCIAL SERVICES

BOULDER CITY, Nevada – Julie Drugatz has been named the chief of commercial services at Lake Mead National Recreation Area and assumed her new role August 24, 2014.

“We’re excited to have Julie on board,” said Patrick Gubbins, deputy superintendent. “She has already developed great relationships with our marina operators, and coming from Lake Powell, she understands the complexities of operating a business on a fluctuating reservoir.”

Drugatz has 23 years of experience in the hospitality, marine and recreation industry. In addition to working in the private marina industry for many years, she has 14 years of federal service as a concession employee and manager for several national parks including Glen Canyon National Recreational Area, Denali, Mesa Verde, Shenandoah and Olympic.

Most recently, Drugatz was the Chief of Business Management and Concessions Division at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area/Rainbow Bridge National Monument and a member of the park’s management team. In this role, she managed $7 million in franchise fees and special accounts, five contracts and 112 commercial use authorization and special use permits.

At Lake Mead, Drugatz will also serve on the management team as she develops, directs and manages commercial business operations for the park’s eight contracts, which generate nearly $40 million in gross receipts each year. She will also oversee the commercial use authorizations for more than 125 small businesses.

“My family and I are very excited to be here at Lake Mead National Recreation Area. I look forward to working with all the commercial and park partners,” said Drugatz.

Drugatz has more than 280 hours of specialized training in law, regulations and policies of the National Park Concession Contracting Program.

-NPS-

Julie Drugatz.jpg