I-15 REOPENED, LAKE MEAD ENTRANCE FEES TO RESUME SUNDAY

瀏覽次數:8 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Vanover, Christie

未讀,
2014年9月12日 晚上8:42:262014/9/12
收件者:Lake Mead Media Releases

National Park Service
U.S. Department of the Interior

LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA News Release

For Immediate Release: September 12, 2014
Release No.: 2014-72
Contact: 702-283-2344

I-15 REOPENED, LAKE MEAD ENTRANCE FEES TO RESUME SUNDAY

BOULDER CITY, Nevada – The Nevada Department of Transportation reopened a northbound and southbound lane of Interstate 15 Sept. 12; therefore, Lake Mead National Recreation Area entrance fees will resume Sept. 14.

The National Park Service waived fees for passenger vehicles and select commercial vehicles to allow drivers to detour the interstate closure after it was washed out by flooding.

Friday, NDOT alerted Lake Mead officials that the road was open. All passenger traffic can now travel on I-15. Some restrictions still apply for commercial vehicles. Details can be found at http://nevadadot.com/Traveler_Info/I-15_Detour_Information.aspx.

Vehicle passes at Lake Mead National Recreation Area, which will be required starting Sunday, are $10 for 1-7 days or $30 for the remaining calendar year. Seniors (62 and older) may purchase a lifetime pass for $10. Active duty military may obtain a free annual pass. Those who are permanently disabled may receive a free lifetime pass.

Sept. 14, a few hundred triathletes will race through Lake Mead National Recreation Area during the Mountain Man Las Vegas Triathlon. The swim portion of the race takes place at Boulder Beach. Then, athletes will bike along Lakeshore and Northshore roads. Drivers should use caution when passing cyclists. Cyclists are reminded that they must bike in single file on the roadways. For more information on this permitted event, visit www.lasvegastriathlon.com.

-NPS-

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄