Donate your old sails

1 view

Spencer Raggio

Aug 17, 2021, 12:36:53 PM8/17/21
to lake-george-sailing, Y-knot google group (y-knot-sailing@googlegroups.com)
The earthquake in Haiti over the weekend hit a country already in crisis mode due to the pandemic, a country still not fully recovered from the devastating quake in 2010.

Sails for Sustenance collects old sails and provides them to subsistence fishermen in Haiti:

Many of us have old, blown out, torn or damaged sails in our basement or attic that we'll never use again. No matter how bad they seem, they will be a vast improvement over what these fishermen are using now.

I'm putting together a box to ship down to S4S at the end of the month. Email me if you have something to donate and I'll add to my shipment.

Thanks,

Spencer

Stan Dobert

Aug 17, 2021, 1:07:26 PM8/17/21
to Spencer Raggio, lake-george-sailing, Y-knot google group (y-knot-sailing@googlegroups.com)
Hi Spencer,
I have  2 sets of old sails from the '80's  that came with eclat.  They're so fast I'd feel better about giving them to some guys in Hati than beat everyone in the Wednesday nite series

Lmk where I can bring them.

Stan Dobert
Apex Solar Power
64 Main St.
Queensbury,NY 12804

To join this list, visit:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lake-george-sailing/join

Contact list manager Spencer Raggio with questions/problems: sra...@gmail.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Lake George Sailing" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lake-george-sailing/CAA15fTZ6CCwj7mNcFd4x6CwgShvGtULGph3A5Y7cw1_jqOs-%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com.

Keith Roland

Aug 17, 2021, 1:15:33 PM8/17/21
to Stan Dobert, Spencer Raggio, lake-george-sailing, Y-knot google group (y-knot-sailing@googlegroups.com)

I have some old J-24 sails I will donate. They are highly sentimental, because I used them when I won the J-24 national championship a few years back. But happy for them to be used for a good cause

Keith

Spencer Raggio

Aug 17, 2021, 1:39:27 PM8/17/21
to Keith Roland, Stan Dobert, lake-george-sailing, Y-knot google group (y-knot-sailing@googlegroups.com)
Thanks Stan and Keith. I'll be at the LGC Saturday morning if you're able to drop sails there.

Spencer

Cathryn Olsen

Aug 17, 2021, 6:24:19 PM8/17/21
to Spencer Raggio, Keith Roland, Stan Dobert, lake-george-sailing, Y-knot google group (y-knot-sailing@googlegroups.com)
Thanks Spencer for organizing this. Great contribution. I have 4 sails from my Tanzer to donate. It's a far better use than making party dresses out of them like the "good ole days"! See you Saturday.
Cathryn

Spencer Raggio

Aug 17, 2021, 6:40:08 PM8/17/21
to Cathryn Olsen, Keith Roland, Stan Dobert, Y-knot google group (y-knot-sailing@googlegroups.com), lake-george-sailing
Those spinnaker dresses looked great, though 😉

Thanks Cathryn, see you Sat.

Spencer