[Daily]: Forum Help, Introductory Presentation

George Siemens

Jan 10, 2011, 11:25:08 PM1/10/11
to LA...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sylvia has created a short tutorial on managing Moodle forums (i.e. email updates and such). You only receive emails to forum topics if you "subscribe" to the forum or if you post a comment in that forum: http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/resource/view.php?id=8731

Recordings from our session on Friday have been posted here...as well as my presentation to EDUCAUSE today on "Learning Analytics: A foundation for informed change in education: http://www.learninganalytics.net/?page_id=71

One of the activities this week involved getting started with Hunch - a personalized information/recommendation service. As the discussion in week 1 forums indicates, some significant privacy concerns exist around freely sharing data and reducing data-silos that currently offer some level fo security/privacy. Feel free to join in the conversation or start a new thread on topics of interest: http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=8723

Reminder:
John Fritz: http://www.educause.edu/Community/MemDir/Profiles/JohnFritz/46079
Time: January 11, 1 pm Mountain Time...see time zone conversions
Location: Elluminate - http://bit.ly/gOf1jk

And finally, http://www.netvibes.com/gsiemens aggregates twitter/diigo tags and blog posts related to the course...

Thanks,
LAK11 Facilitators