[Daily] Strata Conference Videos,

George Siemens

Feb 3, 2011, 12:30:17 PM2/3/11
to LA...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you'd like a broad overview of data and data science (not specifically focused on the education sector), the Strata conference has made several short (10-20 minutes) keynotes talks available: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EF277D84FE2A28D5 (I found Hilary Mason and Werner Vogels talks very interesting).

A quick reminder - in the activities section of this week (http://learninganalytics.net/syllabus.html#Week_4) we list several tools (OECD Factbook explorer, Gapminder, Gephi). Have you had a chance to play around with the tools? What were your reactions? Please share thoughts and experiences in the moodle forum: http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=8726

Finally, I've posted a few reactions to the day 1 bootcamp at Strata: http://www.elearnspace.org/blog/2011/02/02/strata-conference-a-few-reflections-on-day-1/

Thanks,

LAK11 Facilitators