LaidOffCampNY May 1-2, 2009

Peter Chislett

Apr 23, 2009, 5:09:44 PM4/23/09
to Vivian Liao, LaidOffCampNY Organizers GoogleGroup
Vivian,

It was good to speak to you yesterday. We're very excited to have the Tokumbo Shobowale keynote our event. This email contains the event's general messaging, messaging we plan on using for the keynote, panelist information, deep links to event info, and the event's schedule. Attached is our general press release, fact sheet and a postcard we're printing.

I'll keep you up-to-date as Friday night's panel takes shape. Please, let me know if you or Tokumbo have any further questions.

Thanks,

--peter
646-522-7171
http://li.chislett.com
@chislett

***General Event Description***
Enterprising individuals in professional transition will have the unique opportunity to gain perspective, discover new passions, and reinvent their careers at LaidOffCampNY. The free two-day event will offer this and more to job seekers and the self-employed in New York City on Friday, May 1st at New World Stages 340 W 50th St. and Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 at Pace University's downtown Manhattan campus. The event is directed toward entry- to mid-level digital media, advertising, publishing, technology and financial service professionals.

Modeled after user-generated conferences like BarCamp, LaidOffCampNY features an open, participatory discussion forum designed to educate, empower, and connect community members who are experiencing challenges in the current economic climate. LaidOffCampNY will include panels, workshops, and discussions focused on topics including building your personal brand, transitioning to a new industry, legal & accounting demands of launching a new business, finding affordable health insurance, alternative working spaces, alternative income sources, and how to become a freelancer.

***Messaging For Keynote***

The NYCEDC's Mission
To encourage economic growth in each of the five boroughs of New York City by strengthening the City's competitive position and facilitating investments that build capacity, generate prosperity and catalyze the economic vibrancy of City life as a whole. http://www.nycedc.com

Tokumbo E. O. Shobowale, COO of the New York City Economic Development Corporation
The EDC works to stimulate investment in New York across industry sectors and broaden the City's tax and employment base, while meeting the needs of businesses large and small. Tokumbo earned his Bachelor's degree from Stanford University, an M.A. at the Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs, and an M.B.A. at the MIT Sloan School of Management, earning each degree with academic distinction

***Our "Hacking The Job Search" panel is beginning to take shape as well...***

Dr. Doug Hirschhorn, Ph.D.
Frequent CNBC guest Dr. Doug Hirschhorn, Ph.D. joins LaidOffCampNY's "Hacking The Job Search" Panel. Dr. Doug's very excited to join the panel. He participated in CNBC's Town Hall: "Where the Jobs Are," he's full of energy. http://bit.ly/SOueB
http://www.drdoug.com/

More panelist to be announced...

***Links***
Main Site/Wiki
http://ny.laidoffcamp.org

"Why Sponsor" - overview of outreach to sponsors
http://ny-sponsor.laidoffcamp.org

Press Material
http://ny-presskit.laidoffcamp.org

Eventbrite Registration
http://ny-register.laidoffcamp.org

Pre-event Survey
http://nysurvey.laidoffcamp.org/

Event Planning
http://laidoffcamp.pbwiki.com/NewYorkPlanningTeam

*** LaidOffCampNY Sponsors ***
Werkadoo, Inc. http://werkadoo.com
2tor, Inc. http://2tor.com - http://mat.usc.edu/
Meetup, Inc. http://meetup.com
The JAR Group http://thejargroup.com
Bond Media Tech http://bondmediatech.com
Daily Endeavor, Inc. http://endeavorprep.com
New Work City http://nwcny.com

#######Schedule#######

**Day One - Friday May 1, 2009**

When: 4:30 - 7:30 PM
Location: New World Stages - 340 W. 50th St.

4:30 PM Registration
5-5:15 PM Keynote
5:30-6:15 PM Panel "Hacking Opportunities"
6:15-7:30 PM Reception "Transition-Networking"

**Day Two - Saturday May 2, 2009**

When: 9 AM - 6 PM
Location: Pace University

8 AM Registration
8:45-9:30 AM Introduction & Session Scheduling
9:30 AM - 12N Sessions
12-1 PM Lunch
1 - 6 PM Sessions

LaidBack Networking Party
When: 6-Till?
Location: John-Street Bar & Grill

LaidOffCampNY - Fact Sheet 5.0.pdf
LaidOffCampNY Press Release 04.09.pdf
LaidOffCampNY Postcard_.pdf

Peter Chislett

Apr 24, 2009, 10:27:38 AM4/24/09
to drd...@drdoug.com, LaidOffCampNY Organizers GoogleGroup
Doug,

It was good to speak to you earlier this week. We're very excited to have you join Friday's "Hacking The Job Search" panel.

This email contains the event's general messaging, messaging we plan on using for the keynote and panelists, deep links to event info, and the event's schedule. Attached is our general press release, fact sheet, and the postcard we're printing.

As I mentioned, we're scheduling a conference call with panelists next week, we're targeting 4PM Thursday (4/30), please let us know if that works with your schedule.

We'll keep you up-to-date as the panel takes shape. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

[...]

Frequent NBC's Today Show and CNBC contributor Dr. Doug Hirschhorn, Ph.D. joins LaidOffCampNY's "Hacking The Job Search" Panel. He participated in CNBC's Town Hall: "Where the Jobs Are," he's full of energy. http://bit.ly/SOueB

Dr. Doug Hirschhorn is one of the most influential and sought-after performance coaches and executive trainers in the market today.

As a Peak Performance Coach, Dr. Doug has conducted over 400 workshops at financial institutions, multi-billion dollar hedge funds and corporations across the country. Some of his most popular topics include overcoming fears, focusing under pressure, the psychology of taking risk, managing teams in crises, goal setting, motivation and leadership development.

He is internationally recognized as an industry thought leader, as evidenced by his books, publications and numerous television appearances.

Dr. Doug is the chief executive officer of Edge Consulting, a consulting firm specializing in “Peak Performance Coaching.” Dr. Doug holds a Ph.D. in Psychology with a specialization in Sport Psychology. He was the catcher and captain of his Division I baseball team. After graduation, Dr. Doug spent several years as a floor trader at the Chicago Board of Trade.

Dr. Doug is presently at work on his new book, “Daring to be Great.”
http://www.drdoug.com/

More panelist TBA...