New sponsors MeetingWave & New Work City join the LOCNY Team!

Peter Chislett

Apr 25, 2009, 1:18:06 PM4/25/09
to LaidOffCampNY Organizers Google Group
New sponsors MeetingWave & New Work City join the LaidOffCampNY team!

MeetingWave
A free online tool for networking off-line for business, professional or social purposes allowing its members to set up networking meetings that are open to people they have never met.

Meeting organizers can create Public Invites for networking meetings that specify the types of people they want to network with. MeetingWave would then notify the organizer by email each time someone accepts the organizer's Public Invite. The organizer can then approve or decline each acceptance by a member -- and can do so for any reason. MeetingWave then notifies each member whether he or she may attend the organizer's meeting. Only "approved" members may attend. Thus, the meeting organizer ultimately controls whether the meeting will happen and who may attend thereby providing a versatile, flexible tool for making new contacts. http://meetingwave.com

New Work City
A coworking space in Manhattan. We’re the gathering spot for a community of like-minded individuals who need somewhere to work that’s both creative and social, and professional and conducive to working. We’re not an office space. We don’t rent desks. There are lots of businesses in NYC that offer those services; in fact we’re part of a coalition of them. Instead of renting desks, we offer memberships. Members use the workspace when they need it, and pay based on usage. That means you could just show up for a day and get to work! http://nwcny.com

** LaidOffCampNY Sponsors **
Werkadoo, Inc. http://werkadoo.com
2tor, Inc. http://2tor.com - http://mat.usc.edu/
Meetup, Inc. http://meetup.com