Question on rule #4

1 view

Helen

Mar 19, 2009, 4:39:55 PM3/19/09
to LaidOffCamp
I understand that a conference like format with pre-arranged speakers
isn't accepted here, but what about allowing attendees to sign up to
speak.

Specific, if there is a list of topics that the organizer wants to
cover (I am using Dallas's list as an example), can I encourage
attendees to sign up to speak, say no more than 5 minutes each? By
allowing them to sign up to speak, it encourages them to attend the
event and gives them extra time to prepare.

Also, on the same topic, is asking people to submit questions to be
discussed at the event against any rules? It's not obvious to me but
I want to make sure.

Lastly, has anyone thought about covering the food cost with a potluck
style?

Helen

K fina

Mar 19, 2009, 10:22:51 PM3/19/09
to Helen, LaidOffCamp
Regarding the food costs.  Perhaps we can get a sponsorship from a caterer or donations from
food establishments.  I think a potluck from such a large group is risky