Logistics questions to organize a LaidOffCamp

Vijay Krishna

Mar 19, 2009, 8:25:16 AM3/19/09
to LaidOffCamp
# What was the budget for the SF LaidOffCamp (LOC)? We're trying to
get a sense of how much we should budget for and how we'd go about
raising the money; any heads-up you can give us on that, from your
experience would be very useful.
# How did you pitch the event to sponsors and hiring companies?Any
tips there for us?
# What about promotion - was it mostly online? Again, your input on
what worked for SF LOC, would help us with the Chicago LOC.
# We would like to leverage off of some of the tools and
infrastructure you have in place already, like the wiki and event-
brite - can we schedule a quick call to go over some of this with you?
# We were thinking of a slight diversion from the Bar Camp idea for
Chicago LOC where we would invite some speakers as well - let me know
if you have any objections to us changing the format a bit.
Message has been deleted