Hi! I'm redefining unemployment in portland, oregon

redefiningjoy

Apr 5, 2009, 12:19:42 PM4/5/09
to LaidOffCamp
Hey There,
I'm really excited to have found this group as I've been trying to
start up something with a similar vision for the past few months. I'd
like to get a team together to put together a LaidOffCamp in PDX.
I've been working on getting regular in person meetings but it's been
a very small group. I think the LaidOffCamp idea would bring more
people together than what I've been doing (small meetings in
libraries).

I got laid off in December after a couple years working my way nearly
to the top at a small software company. The main thing I gained from
that experience (besides a lot of industry knowledge and contacts) was
the clarity that I don't want to work for anyone else any more. Now
I'm about to launch my distribution company, Dandelion Distribution,
which places independently produced items in local retail spaces.

Check out my blog and forum at http://www.redefining-unemployment.net/
See another of my projects at http://www.QueerL.net/
Keep your eye out for Dandelion Distribution
and follow me on twitter @redefiningjoy

My main interest is urban homesteading, it's one of the things we're
doing to help reduce our dependence on outside jobs and meet our needs
locally.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and collaborating soon!
-Joy